(A) How many hours should a required participant in the supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP) employment and training (E&T) program be assigned?
(1) Work experience program: the maximum hours of participation per month for the required participant assigned to a work experience program assignment shall be the SNAP allotment amount divided by the federal or state minimum wage, whichever is higher. If there are multiple required participants in a given assistance group, the total hours of participation shall be shared by all required participants. Whether the participation requirement is being met by one or multiple assistance group members, the total required hours of participation cannot exceed the total SNAP benefit amount divided by the federal or state minimum wage, whichever is higher.
(2) Education and training assignments: a required participant shall be assigned to education and training for the number of hours needed to complete the education and training assignment.
(3) Job search assignments: at a minimum, a required participants' level of effort shall be comparable to spending twelve hours a month making job contacts.
(B) Are there limitations on the hours a required participant can complete?
(1) The total monthly hours of participation in a SNAP E&T component for any assistance group member, together with any hours worked for compensation (in cash or in kind), shall not exceed one hundred twenty.
(2) No participant shall be required to work more than eight hours on any given day without his or her consent.
(3) An assignment to an activity shall not interfere with an individual's hours of paid employment so long as this employment is countable income pursuant to rule 5101:4-4-19 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Can an individual not required to participate in the SNAP E&T volunteer to participate?
County agencies may allow volunteers to participate in the SNAP E&T. Individuals who are voluntarily participating do not have a limit on how many hours they can participate and a county agency shall not disqualify voluntary participants for failure to comply with the SNAP E&T requirements.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 5101:4-3-31
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 04/12/2017 and 07/01/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.54
Rule Amplifies: 5101.54 , 5107.40, 5107.69
Prior Effective Dates: 3/1/83, 8/1/85, 3/1/87, 12/1/87 (Emer.), 2/15/88, 6/30/89 (Emer.), 9/23/89, 4/2/90, 11/1/90, 4/1/91, 7/1/91, 10/1/91, 5/1/92, 11/1/92, 9/1/93, 2/1/94 (Emer.), 4/15/94, 12/1/95 (Emer.), 2/19/96, 7/1/96 (Emer.), 9/29/96, 10/1/97 (Emer.), 12/1/97 (Emer.), 1/8/98, 1/20/03, 12/29/06 (Emer.), 1/8/07, 10/1/08 (Emer.), 12/18/08, 2/1/12