(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues the "child care quality allocation" to the county department of job and family service (CDJFS) for costs related to child care quality activities.
(B) This allocation consists of federal funds, which includes the child care development block grant (CCDBG) and the child care and development fund (CCDF). The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number for this allocation is 93.575.
(C) ODJFS issues this allocation for the state fiscal year (SFY), July first through June thirtieth.
(E) Allowable expenditures that may be properly charged against this allocation consist of child care quality direct delivery activities and contracts/purchased services costs in accordance with 45 C.F.R. 98.51 including but not limited to the following:
(1) Activities to educate the parents and the public, increase parental choice, and improve the quality and availability of child care;
(2) Operating directly or providing financial assistance to organizations for development, establishment, expansion, operation and coordination of resource and referral programs;
(3) Making grants or loans to child care providers to assist in meeting required child care standards;
(4) Improving the monitoring of compliance requirements;
(5) Providing training and technical assistance; and (6) Improving salaries and other compensation for staff who provide child care services.
(G) On a SFY basis, if the child care quality allocation is exceeded, the CDJFS shall use the funding in the child care non-administration allocation as contained in rule 5101:9-6-11 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/30/2014
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5104.42 , 5101.02
Rule Amplifies: 5104.42
Prior Effective Dates: 12/20/91, 1/2/96 (Emer), 7/1/96, 11/17/96, 2/17/97,
11/1/97, 1/26/98, 12/11/03, 2/5/06, 9/25/08, 10/1/09 (Emer)