(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues the Title XX TANF transfer allocation to the county department of job and family services (CDJFS) to support programs and services to children and/or their families whose income is less than two hundred per cent of the federal poverty level (FPL).
(B) ODJFS communicates the period of performance and liquidation period for this allocation through the county finance information system (CFIS). Funds must be expended by the period of availability and reported no later than the end of the liquidation period.
(C) The Title XX TANF transfer allocation consists of one hundred per cent federal funds. The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number for this allocation is 93.558. In accordance with CFDA number 93.558, expenditures for money transferred out of TANF and into Title XX shall be shown as expenditures for the Title XX program and reported under CDFA number 93.667 on the county's schedule of expenditures of federal awards.
ODJFS uses the following methodology to distribute the Title XX TANF transfer allocation.
(1) When the statewide allocation is the same as the preceding year, or has a decrease of less than four per cent, ODJFS calculates each county allocation amount by applying the formula listed in paragraph (D)(4) of this rule. ODJFS caps increases and decreases in each county's Title XX TANF transfer allocation at four per cent of the county's preceding year's allocation. ODJFS proportionately distributes county increases of more than four per cent to counties experiencing more than a four per cent decrease.
(2) When the statewide allocation amount increases from the preceding year:
(a) ODJFS distributes to each CDJFS the same allocation amount received in the preceding year.
(b) Once the distribution of initial allocation amounts is complete, ODJFS distributes the state wide increase amount to the CDJFS by applying the formula listed in paragraph (D)(4) of this rule.
(3) When there is more than a four per cent decrease in the statewide allocation amount from the preceding year, ODJFS does not apply the formula in paragraph (D)(4) of this rule, but decreases each CDJFS's preceding grant by the percentage of change to the statewide allocation amount.
(4) The formula is as follows:
(a) ODJFS distributes five per cent of the statewide allocation to each CDJFS based on each county's population.
(b) ODJFS distributes five per cent of the statewide allocation to the CDJFS based on each county's property tax wealth factors, as measured by the total of the most recent real estate, public utility, and tangible personal property tax values reported by the Ohio department of taxation and as inversely compared statewide.
(c) ODJFS allocates the remaining balance to the CDJFS using the following methodology:
(i) Fifty per cent is based on the county's population at or below one hundred fifty per cent of the federal poverty level as compared statewide in the same category.
(ii) Forty per cent is based on the county's population at or below eighteen years of age and at or below two hundred per cent of the federal poverty level as compared statewide in the corresponding categories.
(iii) Ten per cent is based on the county's average unemployment rate as compared to the average unemployment rate for all eligible counties, utilizing figures from the ODJFS for the most recently available federal fiscal year (FFY).
(E) The CDJFS may move eligible expenditures as follows:
(3) The CDJFS may move eligible expenditures associated with allowable TANF services for children and/or families whose income is less than two hundred per cent of the federal poverty level to the TANF regular or TANF administrative allocation as detailed in rules 5101:9-6-08 and 5101:9-6- 08.8 of the Administrative Code.
(4) Any excess expenditures remaining after paragraph (E)(1) and (E)(2) of this rule are the responsibility of the county agency.
(F) A CDJFS may elect to use all or a portion of these funds as regular TANF funding. A CDJFS shall use the JFS 02725 "Family Service Agency Budget Allocation Transfer Request" (rev. 4/2013) to request the transfer of funding. The request for each fiscal year must be submitted by January eighteenth, following the allocation's October-December liquidation period.
(G) Allocation redistribution procedures are contained in rule 5101:9-6-02 of the Administrative Code. The definitions, requirements, and responsibilities contained in rule 5101:9-6-50 of the Administrative Code are applicable to this rule.
Replaces: 5101:9-6- 12.1