(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues the APS allocation to reimburse the county for the delivery of protective services to adults age sixty and over.
(B) This allocation consists of one hundred per cent state funds subject to approval by the general assembly.
(C) ODJFS issues this allocation for the state fiscal year (SFY), July first through June thirtieth with a three-month liquidation period of July first to September thirtieth.
(D) ODJFS will distribute the statewide amount evenly to each county department of job and family services (CDJFS) for the administration of the adult protective services program. Where a CDJFS encompasses multiple counties, each CDJFS will receive the standard allocation amount for each county represented under the CDJFS.
The county may charge the following expenditures against this allocation:
(1) APS allowable expenditures under Title XX of the Social Security Act, 88 Stat. 2337 (1974), 42 U.S.C.A. 1397, as amended for individuals age sixty or over as listed in the county social services plan/profile.
(2) Non-Title XX APS expenditures for individuals age sixty or over as contained in Chapter 5101:2-20 of the Administrative Code.
(3) APS allowable expenditures under Title XX for individuals age sixty or over but not listed in the county social services plan/profile.
County agencies report expenditures as outlined in rule 5101:9-7-29 of the Administrative Code. Contract or vendor agreement purchased service expenditures must be liquidated and reported as actual expenditures no later than three months after the last day of the SFY allocation period.
(G) Redistribution of excess expenditures
ODJFS follows the redistribution process for excess expenditures as outlined in rule 5101:9-6-02 of the Administrative Code. In addition, ODJFS takes the following steps to recognize allowable Title XX expenditures, which are contained in the county social services plan/profile, in excess of the county's allocation:
(1) Any allowable Title XX expenditures remaining, which are included in the county social services plan/profile, are applied to the federal social services allocation as detailed in rule 5101:9-6-12 of the Administrative Code or the social services operating allocation as detailed in rule 5101:9-6-10 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Any excess expenditures remaining after the completion of the process identified in paragraph (G)(1) of this rule are the responsibility of the county agency.
(H) The definitions, requirements, and responsibilities contained in rule 5101:9-6-50 of the Administrative Code are applicable to this rule.
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5101.72
Rule Amplifies: 5101.46
Prior Effective Dates: 10/28/89, 11/23/91, 2/17/97, 1/26/98, 7/2/02 (Emer), 9/28/02, 4/22/04, 2/5/06, 3/24/08, 6/1/13, 8/1/15