(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) disburses adult services and family services (ASFS) training subsidies to fund ASFS county department of job and family services (CDJFS) training. Trainees may include CDJFS staff and community partners who provide ASFS services or perform ASFS duties. The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number for this subsidy is 93.667.
(B) ODJFS provides training subsidies to four counties that serve as regional training centers (RTCs) with the responsibility of addressing statewide ASFS needs identified by CDJFSs in the service areas served by each RTC. RTCs must work in a collaborative manner to maximize efficiency and available training resources.
(1) Each RTC shall submit a quarterly report to ODJFS that includes the number of training events offered, the number of participants in attendance, the location of the training event, and the title/course number of the workshop(s) offered.
(2) Each RTC shall submit a quarterly calendar of course offerings to ODJFS (according to a prescribed schedule) and to the office of families and children in a format designated by ODJFS that will allow it to be posted on the ODJFS web site.
(3) Each RTC shall offer allowable workshops consisting of no more than twenty per cent from the 400 series and no less than eighty per cent from the 700 series of the "Ohio Human Services Training System (OHSTS) Workshops Listing Catalog."
(C) ODJFS will disburse a cost of instruction subsidy and an operating subsidy to each RTC, per federal fiscal year (FFY), to support ASFS training costs.
(D) ODJFS issues the cost of instruction subsidy in the form of a separate allocation. The RTC will revert any surplus balance in the cost of instruction subsidy to ODJFS. The county serving as a RTC shall be compensated for its direct and out-of-pocket costs associated with procuring and providing ASFS by the cost of instruction subsidy.
Cost of instruction subsidy allowable costs include:
(1) Training site rental cost (when free space is not available),
(2) Hosting costs,
(3) Reproduction and printing costs not done in-house,
(4) Fees paid to third party trainers,
(5) Purchased curriculum pre-approved by ODJFS (allowable training topics are limited to course offerings in the 400 and 700 series of the " OHSTS Workshops Listing Catalog"),
(6) Supplies that will be directly consumed in the delivery of training, and
(7) Training equipment pre-approved by ODJFS.
(E) RTCs may not reprogram any of the cost of instruction subsidy away from ASFS training activities.
The cost of instruction - unallowable costs include:
(1) Manpower or travel costs incurred by RTC staff,
(2) Use of county space,
(5) Office supplies, and
(F) ODJFS issues the operating subsidy as a general supplement to the county's general social services allocation. The county serving as a RTC is compensated by the operating subsidy for manpower costs associated with its procurement and provision of ASFS training. The county will not be permitted to direct charge such manpower costs to the supplement. The county will assess and finance all manpower costs associated with the procurement and delivery of ASFS training through the general cost allocation process that governs all social services operating costs and will distribute such costs per normal cost allocation procedures.
(G) The definitions, requirements and responsibilities contained in rule 5101:9-6-50 of the Administrative Code are applicable to this rule.