(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues federal Title IV-B, subpart 2 funding to the public children services agency (PCSA) for the purpose of reunification of the family unit in crisis as two separate allocations; one for direct services and one for administrative costs. The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number is 93.556.
(B) ODJFS communicates the grant availability and liquidation period for these allocations through the county finance information system (CFIS). Funds must be expended within the grant availability period and reported no later than the end of the liquidation period. Expenditures in excess of the allocation amount are the responsibility of the county agency.
The methodology used to distribute available funds is as follows:
(1) Forty per cent of statewide funding is distributed evenly among all PCSAs; and
(2) Sixty per cent of statewide funding is distributed to PCSAs based upon the number of children below the federal poverty level in each county as compared to the statewide total number of children below the federal poverty level, utilizing the most recent available U.S. bureau of census figures.
(1) . Expenditures are reimbursed with seventy-five per cent federal Title IV-B, subpart 2 funds. The PCSA shall use eligible state funding or provide local funds at a twenty-five per cent match rate for the nonfederal share.
(2) When the nonfederal share includes donated funds, rule 5101:9-7-50 of the Administrative Code shall be followed.
(E) ESAA reunification allocation
(1) The emergency services assistance allocation (ESAA) for family reunification allocation reimburses the PCSA for the direct cost of providing emergency support services for children and/or families in order to facilitate safe and timely family reunification as described in rule 5101:2-40-02 of the Administrative Code.
(2) PCSAs shall report direct emergency services assistance expenditures for family reunification support services on the JFS 02820 " Children Services Quarterly Financial Statement and/or the JFS 02827 "Public Assistance (PA) Quarterly Financial Statement" as described in rule 5101:9-7-29 of the Administrative Code.
(F) ESAA family reunification operating allocation
The ESAA family reunification operating allocation reimburses the PCSA for the administrative costs of providing emergency support services assistance for children and/or families in order to facilitate safe and timely family reunification.
(1) A PCSA may claim reimbursement of administrative costs for ESAA family reunification through the social services random moment sample (SSRMS) reconciliation/certification of funds process.
(2) A PCSA may also request to transfer the operating allocation to the direct services allocation to be used as stated in paragraph (E)(1) of this rule. A PCSA may request this transfer by submitting a JFS 01159 "Transfer of Administration Allocation to Program Allocation" as described in rule 5101:9-6-36 of the Administrative Code to ODJFS prior to the end of availability.
(G) The definitions, requirements, and responsibilities contained in rule 5101:9-6-50 of the Administrative Code are applicable to this rule.
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5101.02
Rule Amplifies: 5101.02
Prior Effective Dates: 10/30/94, 5/16/95 (Emer), 6/26/95, 11/11/96, 7/21/97, 1/26/98, 7/2/02 (Emer), 9/28/02, 2/20/04, 2/5/06, 2/6/11