(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues Title IV-B allocation subpart 1 to public children services agencies (PCSAs) to ensure that all children are raised in safe, loving families. ODJFS issues Title IV-B funding in two separate allocations; one for direct services and one for administrative costs.
(B) These allocations consist of federal funds. The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number is 93.645.
(C) ODJFS communicates the funding period and liquidation period through the county finance information system (CFIS). The PCSA can incur services through the funding period and disburse and report expenditures no later than the end of the liquidation period. Expenditures in excess of the allocation amount are the responsibility of the county agency.
ODJFS uses the following methodology to distribute available funds:
(1) ODJFS allocates forty per cent of the statewide allocation equally among all PCSAs; and
(2) ODJFS allocates sixty per cent of the statewide allocation based on each county's population of children less than one hundred per cent of the federal poverty level as compared statewide in the same category, utilizing the most recent available calendar year data from the United States bureau of census figures.
(1) ODJFS reimburses expenditures with seventy-five per cent federal Title IV-B subpart 1 funds. The county must use eligible state funding or provide local funds at a twenty-five per cent match rate for the nonfederal share.
(3) Current period Title IV-B expenditures cannot exceed the amount claimed to the federal government in FFY 2005. Therefore, the reimbursement for foster care maintenance and adoption assistance payments are limited to the county claim for FFY 2005.
(F) Direct service costs
(1) The PCSA can charge expenditures outlined in the Ohio child and family services plan against this allocation.
(G) Administrative costs
(1) A PCSA shall claim reimbursement of administrative costs for Title IV-B through the social services random moment sample (SSRMS) reconciliation/ certification of funds process.
(2) A PCSA shall also request to transfer the IV-B administration allocation to the direct services allocation to be used as stated in paragraph (F) of this rule. A PCSA may request this transfer as described in rule 5101:9-6-36 of the Administrative Code to ODJFS prior to end of period of the liquidation period.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 2/23/2018 and 05/10/2023
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5103.07
Rule Amplifies: 5103.07
Prior Effective Dates: 06/02/1979, 07/01/1980, 11/23/1991, 11/11/1996, 04/14/1997, 09/28/2002, 02/20/2004, 09/03/2009, 10/01/2012 (Emer.), 12/27/2012