(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues funding to public children services agencies (PCSAs) to support YABs in their efforts to become a statewide voice that influences policies and practices that address the needs of foster children or former foster children in the county's care.
(B) ODJFS issues this allocation on a state fiscal year (SFY) basis. The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number is 93.643.
(C) ODJFS will communicate the fund availability and liquidation periods through the county finance information system (CFIS). The PCSA must expend funds by the end of the funding period and disburse and report expenditures no later than the end of the liquidation period.
(D) A PCSA may receive up to five hundred dollars to act as the fiscal agent for the YAB. The role of the fiscal agent is to ensure allowable expenditures are made on behalf of:
(1) Youth in the county where the advisory board is located;
(2) Adult supporters in the county where the advisory board is located;
(3) Youth in counties where an advisory board is not established;
(4) Adult supporters in counties that are considering the establishment of a YAB.
(E) YAB expenditures should be directly related to supporting development. Allowable expenditures are:
(1) Leadership training and development:
(a) Cost of supplies;
(b) Printing; and
(c) Other training material and costs.
(2) Transportation to and from YAB meetings and conferences.
(3) YAB meeting costs.
(4) Costs to host YAB conferences.
(5) YAB conference attendance including:
(a) Registration fees; and
(b) Lodging and meals.
(6) Youth stipends to compensate for time spent:
(a) Training other youth;
(b) Assisting other youth; and
(c) Assisting the YAB.
(F) Non-allowable expenditures include but are not limited to the following:
(2) Purchase of food for meetings; and
(3) Purchase of food when hosting conferences.
Each YAB shall develop a projected budget for the fiscal year on receipt of funds. The budget must be:
(1) Approved by a vote of the board;
(2) Signed by the president and another officer of the board, and a representative of the public children services agency; and
(3) Reviewed quarterly by the board as to current applicability. All changes to the budget shall be approved by the board.