(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues funding to public children services agencies (PCSAs) to support YABs in their efforts to become a statewide voice that influences policies and practices that address the needs of foster children or former foster children in the county's care.
(B) ODJFS issues this allocation on a state fiscal year (SFY) basis. This allocation consists of state funds.
(C) ODJFS communicates the period of performance and liquidation periods through the county finance information system (CFIS). The PCSA must expend funds by the end of the period of performance and disburse and report expenditures no later than the end of the liquidation period.
(D) YAB expenditures shall be directly related to supporting development. Allowable expenditures are:
(1) Leadership training and development:
(a) Cost of supplies;
(b) Printing; and
(c) Other training material and costs.
(2) Transportation to and from YAB meetings and conferences.
(3) YAB meeting costs.
(4) Costs to host YAB conferences.
(5) YAB conference attendance costs including:
(a) Registration fees; and
(b) Lodging and meals.
(6) Youth stipends to compensate for time spent:
(a) Training other youth;
(b) Assisting other youth; and
(c) Assisting the YAB.
(E) Non-allowable expenditures include but are not limited to the following:
(2) Purchase of food for meetings; and
(3) Purchase of food when hosting conferences.
(F) Budgets Each YAB shall develop a projected budget for the fiscal year on receipt of funds. The budget must be:
(1) Approved by a vote of the board;
(2) Signed by the president and another officer of the board, and a representative of the public children services agency; and
(3) Reviewed quarterly by the board as to current applicability. All changes to the budget shall be approved by the board.
(G) PCSAs shall submit a complete projected budget to the office of families and children (OFC) no later than May thirty-first of each year. PCSAs failure to submit the budget by the due date may result in a loss of allocated funds for the following fiscal year.