The following accounting procedures are necessary for state and local accountability in the reconciliation of federal and state funds.
(A) Quarter-end reporting
(1) The county department of job and family services (CDJFS) is accountable for the PA fund as reconciled each quarter and shall review reports and make adjustments and/or corrections prior to the final approval and submission of financial data to the Ohio administrative knowledge system (OAKS) for the closing quarter. The CDJFS has access to system reporting throughout the quarter in order to make ongoing adjustments/corrections.
(a) Each quarter's over/under report is cumulative over the lifetime of the funding source.
(b) The CDJFS is given five business days after the eighteenth day of the month following the last month of the quarter to review reports for accuracy.
(3) No later than five business days after the eighteenth day of the month following the last month of the quarter, the CDJFS shall submit any final adjustments and/ or revisions to OAKS.
(a) Once the five-day review period is complete, ODJFS suspends reporting access to OAKS for the closing quarter in order to begin the quarter reconciliation process.
(b) The CDJFS shall make any allowable changes that arise after the five-day review period to open grants in the current quarter.
(B) Quarter reconciliation
(1) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) reconciles refunds and collections at the end of each quarter.
(2) ODJFS reconciles state funded allocations and federally funded subgrants at the end of their funding period . The funding period includes the period of availability and the liquidation period.
(3) ODJFS may make adjustments as necessary to fully reconcile federal grants and/or state allocations that are being closed.
(a) If the total of reported expenditures and adjustments in all funding sources being closed exceeds cash drawn in all funding sources being closed, ODJFS may issue additional funds on closed grants.
(b) If reported expenditures and adjustments in all funding sources being closed is less than cash drawn in all funding sources being closed, ODJFS may adjust draws in open available grants.
(4) Upon completion of the requirements in paragraphs (B) (1) and (B) (2) of this rule, ODJFS completes closeout vouchers that are available in the county finance and information system (CFIS).
(C) The CDJFS shall retain financial, programmatic, statistical, recipient records, and supporting documents in accordance with the records retention requirements outlined in rule 5101:9-9-21 of the Administrative Code. This documentation may be subject to inspection, monitoring, and audit by ODJFS and the Ohio auditor of state.