(A) This rule establishes the minimum eligibility requirements and procedures for a "halfway house organization" as defined in section 5120.102 of the Revised Code, to apply for program planning funds for a halfway house facility as defined in section 5120.102 of the Revised Code, constructed by the department of rehabilitation and correction, in accordance with sections 5120.102 to 5120.105 of the Revised Code.
(B) If such funds are available, the department will engage in the competitive selection process for program planning of halfway house facility construction projects by eligible halfway house organizations. Program planner applicants will be required to respond in accordance with instruction and timelines described in the competitive selection process.
(C) The division of parole and community services shall review and recommend approval of competitively selected applicants to the department director based on, but not limited to, the following selection criteria:
(1) The program planner applicant has a site and/or owns a building that is under consideration with the department as a result of the halfway house organization responding to the department's request for proposals to site and build a halfway house facility in accordance with rule 5120-5-12 of the Administrative Code;
(2) Applicant has experience planning, building, operating and managing a halfway house facility;
(3) Applicant has the ability to develop programs and implement services which respond to the department's location priorities and target population;
(4) Applicant has knowledge and or experience working with community leadership within the sites designated by the department.
(5) Number of personnel and amount of time that will be devoted to the project; and
(6) The ability to operate once construction is completed based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
(a) Organization's financial stability;
(b) Experience operating a facility;
(c) Number of days required to activate the program upon completion of the construction; and
(d) The cost of operation within the contract period.
The division's recommendation shall be within the available capital funding.
(D) If the applicant is approved, the director, through the division of parole and community services, may enter into a program planning contract with a halfway house organization which will establish terms and procedures for the planning of a halfway house facility.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5120.01, 5120.103
Rule Amplifies: 5120.102, 5120.103 , 5120.104, 5120.105
Prior Effective Dates: 5/22/98