(A) The director of the department of rehabilitation and correction shall appoint a prison employment committee. The committee shall consist of five persons, three of whom shall be the chief, division of institutions; the chief, division of business administration; and the administrator, Ohio penal industries.
(B) The committee shall actively pursue any and all avenues of employment for inmates and shall consider each of the following:
(1) Expansion of present Ohio penal industries and agricultural work programs.
(2) Development of additional Ohio penal industries and agricultural work programs.
(3) Development of additional job and/or training programs within the institution.
(4) Development of contracts between Ohio penal industries and the state of Ohio or its political subdivisions, other states or their political subdivisions, the United States or private persons to provide products and/or services.
(5) Development of work release programs.
(C) The committee shall work with the advisory board of directors for prison labor and shall consider all recommendations made to it by the board.
(D) The committee shall review and make recommendations to the director on all contracts for the purpose of providing employment to inmates.