(A) Each twelve day facility shall have a written prisoner classification system that specifies the criteria and procedures for determining and changing the classification of prisoners to determine the level of custody required, special needs, housing assignment and participation in programming.
(B) Each twelve day facility shall have written policies and procedures, and practices which evidence, compliance with the following standards:
(1) Male and female prisoners are housed separately by sight, touch and out of range of normal conversation.
(2) Violent and non-violent prisoners are not placed in the same cell or unsupervised areas together.
(3) Male and female prisoners are supervised if placed together for purposes of programming, transportation or other similar activities.
(5) Jails using prisoner workers shall evaluate and select workers based on established criteria.
(6) Prisoners participating in work or educational release programs shall be searched before leaving the jail and prior to their returning to their housing units; and where practical, these prisoners will be housed separately from the general population.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5120.01 , 5120.10
Rule Amplifies: 5120.10
Prior Effective Dates: 1/2/81, 1/1/83, 6/1/91, 7/1/94, 9/21/98, 1/1/2003, 7/1/2005