(A) The jail administrator and full-time corrections officers, whose sole job is to work in the jail area with prisoners, shall receive training as follows:
(1) Training in the jail policies and procedures within sixty days of assignment to jail duties.
(2) During the first year of assignment receive forty hours of training including legal aspects of corrections, overview of criminal justice system, security concepts, emergencies, interpersonal communications, recognition of abnormal prisoner behavior, prisoner supervision, surveillance and discipline, fire safety and response, and "Minimum Standards for Jails in Ohio."
(3) Four hours of in-service training each subsequent year of employment addressing specific job assignments and/or jail related issues.
(B) Staff assigned to jail duties shall receive training as follows:
(1) Training in jail policies and procedures prior to assignment of jail duties.
(2) During the first year of assignment, sixteen hours of training including security awareness, suicide prevention, unarmed self-defense, and first-aid / CPR.
(3) Two hours of in-service training each subsequent year of employment addressing specific job assignments and/or jail related issues.
(C) The jail policies and procedures shall be available to jail staff, reviewed annually and updated by the jail administrator as needed.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5120.01 , 5120.10
Rule Amplifies: 5120.10
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/94, 10/1/92, 6/1/91, 1/1/83, 1/2/81, 9/21/98, 1/1/2003, 7/1/2005