(A) The director of the department of rehabilitation and correction shall provide local facility governing boards with technical assistance upon request.
(B) Each proposal for a community-based correctional facility and program shall set forth all information required by section 2301.52 of the Revised Code. To assist facility governing boards in developing proposals, the department sets forth the following proposal guidelines: describe, document, and analyze the present status of the local criminal justice system, with special attention on existing correctional services. The use of statistical data shall include figures from the last fiscal year. Information to be reported shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) The number of offenders, with a profile of convictions by felony level, the number sentenced to state institutions, the number placed on community sanctions and the number of sentences modified during the previous fiscal year.
(2) A description of the continuum of sanctions within the proposed community-based correctional facility jurisdiction(s). With a description of how the community-based correctional facility compliments the continuum of sanctions for the jurisdictions to be served and how it will:
(a) Reduce state prison commitments.
(b) Reduce the costs of incarceration in state prison.
(c) Make efficient use of limited prison space for serious offenders.
(d) Provide for public safety.
(e) Provide productive offender reintegration into the community.
(f) Reduce recidivism.
(3) The estimated number of offenders that will be referred or committed to the facility and program in the year of application.
(4) Proposed treatment programs.
(5) The proposed budget for maintaining and operating a facility and program.
(6) Identification of the county or counties establishing a facility governing board, and the names of members of the facility governing board.
(7) Stated goals and objectives of the facility and program.
(C) Facility governing boards whose proposals and/or requests for funding are approved will be notified of approval within sixty days of submission of the proposal.
(D) Facility governing boards whose proposals and/or requests for funding are disapproved will be notified of such disapproval within sixty days of submission along with written reasons.
(E) When a facility governing board wishes to significantly change the proposal during the fiscal year, it may do so with written approval of the department of rehabilitation and correction. Each request for change shall be made in writing to the bureau of community sanctions, division of parole and community services, department of rehabilitation and correction. The department shall respond in writing with an approval or rejection within sixty days of such request. If any request is not granted approval, the specific reasons for the rejection shall be stated and alternative recommendations may be made.
(F) Both facilities and program must be in compliance with the applicable provisions of rules 5120:1-14-01 to 5120:1-14-10 of the Administrative Code as well as relevant local, state and federal laws.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5120.01 , 5120.111
Rule Amplifies: 2301.51 , 2301.52 , 2301.55 , 2301.56 , 2301.57 , 2301.571 , 2301.58 , 5120.112
Prior Effective Dates: 3/28/83, 9/1/97, 4/1/01, 12/15/06