(1) The department, by and through the director, is the final authority, subject to the action of the controlling board, where applicable, for the approval of applications for and distribution of state funds for community capital facilities pursuant to Chapter 154. of the Revised Code and sections 5119.61 to 5119.63 of the Revised Code, as may hereafter be amended, and this chapter. The director is the final authority in determining program priority, service program and facility design suitability, project funding availability, and the cost effectiveness requirements of a project.
(2) The distribution of federal funds allocated to the state for construction assistance for community mental health facilities shall be made by the department in accordance with federal and state requirements. The department shall be responsible for the expenditure of and accounting for such funds and the preservation of necessary records thereof.
(B) Deputy director, program and policy development
(1) The deputy director, for each application submitted to the department for state funds, shall review and recommend approval or disapproval of the proposed service programs and operating budgets and forward the application to the chief for assessment based on the proposed facility design concept suitability and appropriateness for such programs.
(3) The deputy director may delegate any duty to be performed under these rules.
(4) The deputy director shall have such other duties and responsibilities as are provided for in these rules, other departmental rules, or by law.
(C) Chief, office of capital planning and management
(1) The chief, for each application submitted to the department for state funds, shall review and assess the estimated project cost, submitted budget, proposed facility design, construction and funding for the project, and shall provide his or her findings and comments to the deputy director.
(2) The chief may delegate any duty to be performed under this chapter.
Replaces: part of 5122:3-1-03
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/14/2009 and 07/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5119.61 to 5119.63
Rule Amplifies: 5119.61 to 5119.63
Prior Effective Dates: 5-29-1971, 8-21-1980