(A) This rule shall be applicable to all employees of Ohio department of mental health and addiction services regional psychiatric hospitals (RPH).
(1) The chief executive officer of each RPH shall take the necessary action to insure that an industrial and entertainment fund is established.
(2) All monies received by a RPH which are designated for entertainment and benefit of the patients, including profits from the commissary fund operations, shall be deposited into the industrial and entertainment fund and be used only for the entertainment and benefit of patients.
(3) All monies donated to a hospital which are ear-marked for a specific patient purpose shall be deposited into a subsidiary account of the industrial and entertainment fund and shall be included in the total balance of the fund.
Income for the industrial and entertainment fund shall be derived from, but not be limited to, the following sources:
(2) Vending machine commissions;
(3) Monies from occupational or activity therapy projects financed by industrial and entertainment funds;
(4) Confiscated monies;
(5) Telephone commissions from telephone calls by patients;
(6) Interest income;
Disbursements may be made from the industrial and entertainment fund only for items which exclusively benefit patients and for which no appropriated or patient funds are available. Disbursements shall be controlled and documented by a voucher system and supported by a verified roster of the patients served. Industrial and entertainment fund disbursements may be utilized for, but not limited to, the following items or activities:
(1) Recreation and entertainment;
(2) Recreation and entertainment supplies, equipment and maintenance and repair of same;
(3) Holiday decorations;
(4) Books, magazines, newspapers, and other library supplies;
(5) Movie or game purchases and rentals;
(6) Chapel expenses;
(7) Bus rentals and bus fares;
(8) Occupational or activity therapy supplies; and
(9) Benefit clients of the community support network.
(E) Other disbursements:
Disbursements in the amount of one thousand dollars or less may be made with the approval of the chief executive officer or his designee. Expenditures in excess of one thousand dollars shall have prior approval from central office. Approval shall be secured in advance by submitting "a request for approval to purchase form DMH-FIS-005" as follows:
(1) The form shall be prepared by the requesting RPH, numbered consecutively within each fiscal year, and signed by the chief executive officer.
(2) The form, accompanied by at least three letterhead bids, shall be forwarded to the deputy director of hospital services for approval. A vendor's refusal to bid shall be acceptable as a bid.
(3) Items to be purchased from state term contracts or Ohio penal industries shall not require bids.
(4) Upon central office approval, the copy of the certificate of approval shall be returned to the initiating RPH. The original copy of the certificate shall be retained by the RPH according to the department retention schedule.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 5122-1-28
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 04/14/2015 and 07/02/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5119.52
Rule Amplifies: 5119.52
Prior Effective Dates: 7/27/1990, 2/1/2000, / 3/8/2009