[This rule designated an internal management rule]
(A) The purpose of this rule shall be to provide guidance to all ODMH regional psychiatric hospital employees involved in creating and maintaining industrial and entertainment funds for the entertainment and benefit of clients.
(B) This rule shall be applicable to all employees of ODMH hospitals.
(1) The chief executive officer of each hospital under the managing responsibility of the Ohio department of mental health shall take the necessary action to insure that an industrial and entertainment fund is established.
(2) All monies received by a hospital which are designated for entertainment and benefit of the patients, including profits from the commissary fund operations, shall be deposited into the industrial and entertainment fund and be used only for the entertainment and benefit of patients.
(3) All monies donated to a hospital which are ear-marked for a specific patient purpose shall be deposited into a subsidiary account of the industrial and entertainment fund and shall be included in the total balance of the fund.
(D) Income: Income for the industrial and entertainment fund shall be derived from, but not be limited to, the following sources:
(2) Vending machine commissions;
(3) Monies from occupational and/or activity therapy projects financed by industrial and entertainment funds;
(4) Confiscated monies;
(5) Telephone commissions from telephone calls by patients;
(6) Interest income;
(7) Funds transferred under the provisions of section 5119.36 of the Revised Code.
(8) Profits generated by hospital commissaries in accordance with division (B) of section 5119.36 of the Revised Code.
Disbursements may be made from the industrial and entertainment fund only for items which exclusively benefit patients and for which no appropriated or patient funds are available. Disbursements shall be controlled and documented by a voucher system and supported by a verified roster of the patients served. Industrial and entertainment fund disbursements may be utilized for, but not limited to, the following items and/or activities:
(1) Recreation and entertainment;
(2) Recreation and entertainment supplies, equipment and maintenance and repair of same;
(3) Holiday decorations;
(4) Books, magazines, newspapers, and other library supplies;
(5) Film purchases and rentals;
(6) Chapel expenses;
(7) Bus rentals and bus fares;
(8) Occupational or activity therapy supplies; and
(9) Benefit clients of the community support network.
(F) Other disbursements:
Disbursements in the amount of one thousand dollars or less may be made with the approval of the chief executive officer or his designee. Expenditures in excess of one thousand dollars shall have prior approval from central office. Approval shall be secured in advance by submitting "a request for approval to purchase form DMH-FIS-005" as follows:
(1) The form shall be prepared by the requesting hospital, numbered consecutively within each fiscal year, and signed by the chief executive officer.
(2) The form, accompanied by at least three letterhead bids, shall be forwarded to the deputy director of hospital services for approval. A vendor's refusal to bid shall be acceptable as a bid.
(3) Items to be purchased from state term contracts or Ohio penal industries shall not require bids.
(4) Upon central office approval, the copy of the certificate of approval shall be returned to the initiating hospital. The original copy of the certificate shall be retained by the hospital according to the department retention schedule.