(A) Each agency shall pay a fee covering a three-year term of certification of the agency and its services.
(1) Fees shall be calculated based on the total amount of funds the agency receives for all mental health services covered in whole or in part by a contract with the community mental health board. The department shall assess fees for interim, probationary or full certification according to the schedule listed below:
Board contract for mental health services Three year certification fee
$0 through $40,000 $180
$40,001 through $100,000 $360
$100,001 through $200,000 $480
$200,001 through $400,000 $600
$400,001 through $800,000 $900
$800,001 through $1,600,000 $1800
$1,600,001 through $3,000,000 $3600
over $3,000,000 $4200
(2) An agency seeking certification by the department that does not have a contract with the mental health board shall be assessed a fee of three hundred seventy-five dollars.
(3) An agency not currently certified by the department and seeking initial certification shall be assessed a fee of five thousand dollars.
A minimum of twenty-five hundred dollars of the initial certification fee shall be paid at the time of application. The remainder shall be paid in full within six months of submitting an application for initial certification, and prior to the department conducting an on-site survey or approving certification.
(B) The fee for an agency that has applied for or are is accredited by one of the accrediting bodies listed in paragraph (B) of rule 5122-25-02 of the Administrative Code shall be waived, with the exception of an agency not currently certified by the department and seeking initial certification, or an agency whose deemed status has been revoked in accordance with paragraph (D) of rule 5122-25-03 of the Administrative Code.
(1) For an agency that has applied for accreditation, proof of application and fee paid to the accrediting body shall be submitted.
(2) For an accredited agency, documentation of accreditation shall be submitted as required in rule 5122-25-03 of the Administrative Code.
(3) An agency whose deemed status has been revoked in accordance with paragraph (D) of rule 5122-25-03 of the Administrative Code shall be assessed a pro-rated certification fee:
(a) The initial assessed fee shall be equal to one-third of the certification fee that is established in the fee schedule in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule.
(b) The department shall assess a fee equal to one-third of the certification fee that is established in the fee schedule in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule for each subsequent year that the agency's deemed status remains revoked.
(C) The certification fee must be paid by the agency into the sale of goods and services fund created pursuant to section 5119.16 of the Revised Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/14/2009 and 07/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: RC 5119.01(H), 5119.61(A), 5119.611(C)
Rule Amplifies: RC 5119.01(H), 5119.61(A), 5119.611(C)
Prior Effective Dates: 10/1/03