(A) The provisions of the rules contained in this chapter are applicable to each agency providing mental health services that are funded by or funding is being sought by a community mental health board; is subject to department licensure according to section 5119.22 of the Revised Code; or that voluntarily requests certification. Any service contact(s) provided by an agency that is paid for in whole or in part by any community mental health board shall be subject to the provisions of this chapter.
(B) The provisions of the rules contained in this chapter are applicable to the following mental health services:
(1) 5122-29-03 Behavioral health counseling and therapy service;
(2) 5122-29-04 Mental health assessment service;
(3) 5122-29-05 Pharmacologic management service
(4) 5122-29-06 Partial hospitalization service;
(5) 5122-29-10 Crisis intervention mental health service;
(6) 5122-29-11 Employment/vocational service;
(7) 5122-29-13 Adult educational service;
(8) 5122-29-14 Social and recreational service;
(9) 5122-29-17 Community psychiatric supportive treatment (CPST) service;
(10) 5122-29-23 Adjunctive therapy service;
(11) 5122-29-24 Occupational therapy service;
(12) 5122-29-25 School psychology service;
(13) 5122-29-28 Intensive home based treatment (IHBT) service; and
(14) 5122-29-29 Assertive community treatment (ACT) service.
(C) Additional requirements for ICRs may be specified in Chapter 5122-29 of the Administrative Code.
(D) Modified requirements for record keeping apply to the following services:
(1) Behavioral health hotline service shall maintain a log of all telephone calls including but not limited to the following information:
(a) Reason for call;
(b) Presenting problem;
(c) Disposition and/or referral(s) made;
(d) Date, time and person receiving call; and
(e) Name of caller, if given.
(2) Forensic evaluation service shall maintain records according to rule 5122-29-07 of the Administrative Code, including the requirement to:
(a) Provide a written summary of the forensic evaluation to the court or adult parole authority; and
(b) Store reports of forensic evaluations and any related records separately from records of persons served in other services.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5119.22, 5119.61(A), 5119.611(C)
Rule Amplifies: 5119.22, 5119.61(A), 5119.611(C)
Prior Effective Dates: 9/4/03, 3/25/04, 1/09/06