(A) Behavioral health hotline service means an agency's twenty-four hour per day, seven days per week capability to respond to telephone calls, often anonymous, made to an agency for crisis assistance. The person may or may not become a client of the agency.
(B) Behavioral health hotline service shall:
(1) Be available twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week;
(2) Make crisis intervention mental health service available by referral to another service or agency;
(3) Include, but not be limited to, the following:
(a) Short-term intervention and crisis management provided by telephone;
(b) Suicide prevention intervention;
(c) Appropriate linkages to all needed services and other community resources;
(d) Information and referral services; and
(e) A clearly identified linkage to make available immediate psychiatric and medical services when necessary.
(4) Ensure that all staff and volunteers receive training in crisis intervention;
(5) Be provided by staff qualified according to paragraph (D) of this rule; and
(6) Document the call in the "ICR" if it is known that the person calling is a person served by the agency.
(C) The agency service plan for behavioral health hotline services shall include, but not be limited to the requirements that the service:
(1) Function as part of an integrated, comprehensive system of health, mental health, and other human service providers;
(2) Ensure the ability to use and work with case management systems and pre-hospitalization screening services on a priority basis;
(3) Coordinate with the community's emergency service systems, such as hospital, fire, police, ambulance services, etc.;
(4) Maintain a current listing of available residential or housing placements that can be accessed quickly when emergency housing is needed in conjunction with a crisis intervention mental health service; and
(5) Is provided as part of the community mental health board's emergency crisis plan for the service district.
(D) Behavioral health hotline service shall be provided and supervised by staff who are qualified according to rule 5122-29-30 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/14/2009 and 07/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5119.22 , 5119.61(A) , 5119.611(C)
Rule Amplifies: 5119.22 , 5119.61(A) , 5119.611(C)
Prior Effective Dates: 1-1-1991, 7-15-2001, 3-25-2004, 8-23-2007