(A) Behavioral health hotline service means an agency's twenty-four hour per day, seven days per week capability to respond to telephone calls, often anonymous, made to an agency for crisis assistance. The person may or may not become a client of the agency.
(B) Behavioral health hotline service shall:
(1) Be available twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week;
(2) Make crisis intervention mental health service available by referral to another service or agency;
(3) Include, but not be limited to, the following:
(a) Short-term intervention and crisis management provided by telephone;
(b) Suicide prevention intervention;
(c) Appropriate linkages to all needed services and other community resources;
(d) Information and referral services; and
(e) A clearly identified linkage to make available immediate psychiatric and medical services when necessary.
(4) Ensure that all staff and volunteers receive training in crisis intervention;
(5) Be provided by staff qualified according to paragraph (D) of this rule; and
(6) Document the call in the "ICR" if it is known that the person calling is a person served by the agency.
(C) The agency service plan for behavioral health hotline services shall include, but not be limited to the requirements that the service:
(1) Function as part of an integrated, comprehensive system of health, mental health, and other human service providers;
(2) Ensure the ability to use and work with case management systems and pre-hospitalization screening services on a priority basis;
(3) Coordinate with the community's emergency service systems, such as hospital, fire, police, ambulance services, etc.;
(4) Maintain a current listing of available residential or housing placements that can be accessed quickly when emergency housing is needed in conjunction with a crisis intervention mental health service; and
(5) Is provided as part of the community mental health board's emergency crisis plan for the service district.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/14/2009 and 07/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5119.22, 5119.61(A), 5119.611(C)
Rule Amplifies: 5119.22, 5119.61(A), 5119.611(C)
Prior Effective Dates: 1-1-1991, 7-15-2001, 3-25-2004, 8-23-2007