(A) "Adult educational service" means time-limited and structured educational interventions for adults, such as educational advising, literacy instruction, basic educational instruction or instruction in community and independent living skills.
(B) Adult educational service shall:
(1) Include, but not be limited to, educational counseling, literacy, basic educational instruction and community and independent living skills such as budgeting and money management;
(2) Be provided by staff qualified according to paragraph (D) of this rule;
(3) Promote coordination among similar providers within the community mental health board service district, and with agencies and boards of adjacent community mental health board service districts to maximize the rehabilitation opportunities for persons served by the agency; and
(4) Ensure that the service plan is consistent with the principles of a community support system and promotes peer support and other approaches identified by persons served to achieve their stated educational goals.
(C) The agency shall:
(1) Assess the needs and desires of persons served including, but not limited to reading, writing, arithmetic, and post-secondary education and independent living skills;
(2) Provide access to and coordinate with community educational programs, including adult basic education, vocational schools, technical schools, community colleges, four-year colleges, universities, and peer literacy programs; and
(3) Make every effort to utilize existing community educational programs before directly providing adult educational service.
(D) Adult education service shall be provided and supervised by staff who are qualified according to rule 5122-29-30 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/14/2009 and 07/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5119.22 , 5119.61(A) , 5119.611(C)
Rule Amplifies: 5119.22 , 5119.61(A) , 5119.611(C)
Prior Effective Dates: 1-1-1991, 7-15-2001, 8-23-2007