(A) "Social and recreational service" means a service that includes structured and non-structured activities and support to enhance the quality of life of the person served.
(B) Social and recreational service shall:
(1) Be designed to meet the needs of persons with severe mental disabilities;
(2) Be provided by staff qualified according to paragraph (D) of this rule;
(3) Occur, whenever possible, in facilities used for social and recreational purposes by other members of the community;
(4) Promote coordination among similar providers within the community mental health board service district, and with agencies and boards of adjacent community mental health board service districts to maximize the rehabilitation opportunities for persons served by the agency; and
(5) Ensure that the service plan is consistent with the principles of a community support system and promotes peer support and other approaches identified by persons served to maximize supports outside the mental health service system.
(C) The agency plan for social and recreational service shall be developed with the participation of persons served and shall include hours, location, and days of operation.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/14/2009 and 07/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5119.22 , 5119.61(A) , 5119.611(C)
Rule Amplifies: 5119.22 , 5119.61(A) , 5119.611(C)
Prior Effective Dates: 1-1-1991, 10-1-1993, 7-15-2001, 8-23-2007