(A) "Mental health education service" means formal educational presentations made to individuals or groups that are designed to increase community knowledge of and to change attitudes and behaviors associated with mental health problems, needs and services.
(B) Mental health education service shall:
(1) Focus on educating the community about the nature and composition of a community support program;
(2) Be designed to reduce stigma toward persons with severe mental disability or serious emotional disturbances, and may include the use of the media such as newspapers, television, or radio. Community opinion leaders shall be high priority recipients of this service;
(3) Focus mental health education service for the community on issues that affect the population served or populations identified as unserved or underserved by the agency;
(4) Evaluate the effectiveness of services through evaluation mechanisms such as pre-tests and post-tests, when applicable;
(5) Be provided by staff qualified according to paragraph (C) of this rule; and
(6) Include the participation of persons served, and their families or significant others in planning, implementing and evaluating services provided.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/14/2009 and 07/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5119.22, 5119.61(A), 5119.611(C)
Rule Amplifies: 5119.22, 5119.61(A), 5119.611(C)
Prior Effective Dates: 1-1-1991, 7-15-2001, 8-23-2007