(A) The residential facility shall assure appropriate polices and procedures regarding the administration and management of the facility including compliance with the requirements for licensure. This responsibility shall also include, but may not be limited to:
(1) Arranging for necessary permits and inspections, and paying all fees and costs associated with inspections;
(2) Daily monitoring and supervising staff to assure acceptable performance of assigned job duties and compliance with the requirements for licensure;
(3) Participating in an appropriate and cooperative working relationship with the affiliating mental health agency, or board, and the department;
(4) Reporting to the department any change regarding facility operation or use that relates to the requirements for licensure;
(5) Securing appropriate, alternative responsibility for the operation and staffing of the facility for planned or unplanned staff/operator absence;
(6) Consistently maintaining the finances necessary for the stable and safe operation of the facility;
(7) Maintaining a stable and supportive environment for residents of the facility, through respect for the rights of residents, as well as sensitivity and responsiveness to resident needs, preferences and culturally competent services and care; and
(8) Knowledge of and compliance with federal, state, and local laws concerning the ownership and operation of the facility, including, but not limited to zoning requirements, equal opportunity employment practices, etc.
(B) The executive director/ceo for type 1 facilities, and the operator for type 2 and 3 facilities may delegate his/her responsibilities for the administration and management of the facility to a specific person(s) who shall be authorized in writing to enact the operator's responsibilities and sign necessary and appropriate documents for the operator, including, but not limited to, the application for licensure, major unusual incident reports, plans of correction, etc. The written authorization shall be retained in the facility. The person(s) to whom the operator's responsibilities are delegated may also perform resident-related activities of the facility as staff of the facility, but shall be subject to staff qualifications and requirements as stated in rules 5122-30-20 and 5122-30-21 of the Administrative Code.