(A) Each type 2 facility shall:
(1) Specify the staffing pattern of the facility in the affiliation agreement. Staffing patterns shall be updated annually with affiliation agreements and/or the licensure application;
(2) Provide sufficient numbers and types of staff in the facility, scheduled for appropriate periods of time during each twenty-four hour period, to assure that the room, board, and/or personal care, and/or mental health service needs of each resident are met, as appropriate to the licensure type of the facility and ISP of each resident;
(3) Ensure that residents shall not be required to vacate the facility at any time because of the absence of available staff;
(4) Ensure that no resident shall be required or designated to supervise other residents, provide for the personal care or mental health service needs of other residents, or supervise any aspect of the operation or management of the facility;
(5) Ensure continuous care for residents in accordance with the ISP. Each shift staffing shall be provided by staff who are on duty and awake;
(6) At least one staff person shall be available on or off the premises to residents twenty-four hours per day;
(7) In the event that no staff person is on the premises, the operator shall be responsible for ascertaining and ensuring that each resident is capable of self-preservation, and is knowledgeable about obtaining emergency assistance; and
(8) In the event that no staff person is on the premises, residents shall be informed of how to locate staff, who shall be promptly available to provide appropriate and needed assistance to residents.
(B) A residential facility which uses volunteers or students shall have a written policy for screening, orientation, training, supervising and assigning volunteers and students, as appropriate to the functions to be performed.
(C) Volunteers or students whose duties include the same general duties as direct care staff shall be trained in the mission of the facility to which they are assigned.
(D) Volunteers or students for practicum experience whose duties include the same general duties as direct care staff shall receive training in accordance with rule 5122-30-20 of the Administrative Code and shall be appropriately supervised by agency staff.
(E) Volunteers or students for practicum experience shall be given specific written job descriptions delineating the functions to be performed.
(F) A facility which accepts students for practicum experience shall have a written agreement with each school placing students. This agreement shall, at a minimum, include:
(1) A statement of the students' roles and responsibilities;
(2) A description of the minimum qualifications the students must possess; and
(3) A statement outlining the respective supervisory and evaluation responsibilities of the agency and the placing school.
(G) A facility shall not use volunteers or students for practicum experience as replacement for paid staff. Volunteers shall not be counted to meet required staff to client ratios.