(A) Each adult care facility using a water source other than a public water system shall obtain a permit from the local health department before commencing to construct, develop, install, or alter any private water system, except in the case of an emergency alteration as provided in paragraph (H) of rule 3701-28-03 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Each adult care facility not using a public sewage disposal system shall have its household sewage disposal system inspected and approved by the local health department, in accordance with rule 3701-29-17 of the Administrative Code, in the following instances:
(1) A facility shall obtain a permit from the local health department before commencing to construct, develop, install, or alter any household sewage disposal system; and
(2) If the local health department requires approval to maintain or operate household sewage disposal systems, the facility also shall obtain this approval.
(C) Each adult family home shall comply with the following plumbing requirements:
(1) Each home shall maintain a safe and operable plumbing system. When altering existing plumbing or installing new plumbing, the home shall not use materials, devices, or fixtures for purposes other than their intended use;
(2) Water heaters shall be protected by a relief valve approved by the "American National Standards Institute" and shall discharge in a safe manner; and
(3) For new and altered plumbing, each shower compartment and shower and bath combination shall be provided with an automatic safety-mixing device to prevent sudden, unanticipated changes in hot water temperatures.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/30/2011 and 02/17/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5119.79
Rule Amplifies: 5119.71 , 5119.731
Prior Effective Dates: 5-6-1991 (Emer.), 8-4-1991, 12-16-1993 (Emer.), 2-25-1994, 9-5-1997, 6-1-2006