(A) The purpose of RSS is to provide cash assistance to medicaid-eligible aged, blind, or disabled adults who have increased needs due to a medical or behavioral health condition which may not be severe enough to require institutionalization. The RSS cash payment is used together with the individual's personal income to help prevent premature or unnecessary institutionalization, and to deinstitutionalize those aged, blind, or disabled adults who have been inappropriately placed in long term care facilities and who can return to the community through alternative living arrangements.
(B) Definitions As used throughout this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "RSS" means the residential state supplement program described in section 5119.41 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Individual" means a person who is applying for or receiving RSS benefits.
(3) "CDJFS" means "county department of job and family services."
(4) "Living arrangement" means an arrangement listed under division (D)(1) of section 5119.41 of the Revised Code. "Living arrangement" includes any owner, operator, employee, or volunteer who provides accommodations, supervision, or personal care services in the living arrangement.
(5) OhioMHAS means "the Ohio department of mental health and addiction services" or the entity designated by OhioMHAS pursuant to division (C) of section 5119.41 of the Revised Code.
OhioMHAS is the RSS administrative agency.
(6) "Resident" means an individual who is enrolled in the RSS program.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 01/01/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5119.41
Rule Amplifies: 5119.41
Prior Effective Dates: 10-2-1995 (Emer.), 12-30-1995, 1-2-1998, 7-1-2000, 9-29-2002, 1-1-2008, 5-7-2009, 3-7-2011, 2/17/2012