The purpose of this rule is to establish the procedures and criteria to administer the issuance of interim licenses to residential facilities.
The director may issue an interim license to operate a residential facility if either of the following is the case:
(1) The director determines that an emergency exists requiring immediate placement of persons in a residential facility, that insufficient beds are available, and that the residential facility is likely to receive a license issued in accordance with rule 5123:2-3-02 of the Administrative Code within thirty days after issuance of the interim license; or
(2) The director determines that the issuance of an interim license is necessary to meet a temporary need for a residential facility.
(C) Application process
(1) The applicant shall submit an application for an interim license in a manner and on forms prescribed by the department no later than thirty days prior to the date the applicant desires the interim license to be effective, unless the director determines an emergency or other unanticipated circumstances reasonably precluded the applicant from submitting the application at least thirty days in advance of the date the license is requested.
(2) the director shall issue an interim license if he or she determines that the applicant meets the requirements of Chapter 5123. and rules adopted under that chapter.
(D) Term of interim license
(1) an interim license shall be issued for a period of thirty days.
(2) an interim license may be renewed by the director for a period not to exceed an additional one hundred fifty days.
Replaces: part of rule
5123:2-3-02 , Eff
Rule promulgated under: RC 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5123.04 , 5123.19
Rule Amplifies: 5123.04 , 5123.19
Prior Effective Dates: 10/31/77, 6/12/81, 9/30/83, 8/1/87, 8/22/87, 11/16/90, 1/8/94
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/17/2010