The department shall establish, administer, and monitor a program of financial and technical assistance to grantees for the operation of facilities to serve eligible youth. The administration of the program includes, but is not limited to:
(A) Apportioning available funds to those grantees with designated community corrections facilities constructed in accordance with Amended H.B. 812 of the 117th General Assembly.
(B) Establishing procedures, time frames and an annual schedule for submitting requirements to the department for grant funding, including:
(1) By January fifteenth of each year, the department shall forward an application for grant funds to eligible facilities.
(3) On or before June 30, the facility shall be notified of the approval or non-approval of its application to include program content and fiscal requests.
(4) Revised grant applications are due to the department no later than July thirtieth each year.
(5) Signed grant agreements are due to the department no later than September thirtieth each year.
(C) Reviewing each grant application and renewal application to ensure that the application is in compliance with all administrative rules and departmental requirements.
(D) Providing technical assistance to the facility and the governing authority.
(E) Monitoring facilities annually to ensure compliance with administrative rules and the program design as stated in the approved grant application or renewal.
(1) The division of parole, courts and community , through the bureau of community facilities shall be charged with the inspection, supervision and approval of CCFs.
(2) The bureau shall make annual on-site inspections of CCFs. Such inspections shall be scheduled with the administrator of the facility.
(3) The bureau may conduct unannounced inspections anytime.
(4) The CCF administrator shall make himself/herself, and key facility staff, available in the event the bureau field representative has questions or needs additional information.
(5) Once at the facility, the bureau field representative will meet with the CCF administrator and key facility staff to explain any criteria that will be used in the inspection, the reason(s) for the inspection and any other relevant matters.
(6) The bureau shall have full access to all areas of the CCF during any inspection, and to all records (including juvenile files), relating to the operation of the facility.
(7) The bureau's field representative shall ascertain compliance with the department of youth services standards contained in the Administrative Code and the department of youth services grant agreement and all other applicable guidelines.
(8) After an inspection the bureau's field representatives shall prepare a written report of its inspection. The report shall include any findings of non-compliance and shall be sent to the administrator of the CCF.
(9) The bureau shall require the facility to correct all deficiencies within thirty days from notification or to submit an acceptable plan and timetable to remedy these areas.
(10) The department may withhold funding for failure to comply with such notices, at the end of the thirty day period or the applicable timeline.
(F) Establishing a review process to evaluate the effectiveness of the facility in meeting its goals and objectives.
(1) The department will assist the facility by providing independent assessments and reports to the facility administrator.
(2) This shall be done in cooperation with the grantee.
Replaces: 5139-36-02, 5139-61-03
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/06/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5139.04
Rule Amplifies: 5139.23, 2151.151, 5139.33
Prior Effective Dates: 3/30/1992 (Emer.), 6/25/1992, 2/3/2004, 10/20/2007, 12/30/2012, 2/7/2014