The grantee representing the facility is eligible to receive grant funds by following these procedures:
(A) Establish a governing board in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code. Governing boards will:
(1) Meet a minimum of once per quarter and provide the department with the scheduled meeting dates and minutes from the meetings.
(2) Establish by-laws that are reviewed and approved annually which outline:
(a) Officers and terms of office.
(b) Voting and quorum requirements.
(c) Specify delegation of authority.
(d) Establish standing sub-committees to include an advisory board, legal, finance, programming and personnel.
(B) The CCF shall be administered by the governing board.
(1) If the CCF is a multi-county facility, established under section 307.15 of the Revised Code, a governing board shall be created. The governing board shall consist of the juvenile judges of each participating county. Each juvenile judge may appoint a temporary replacement to serve as his or her representative at a scheduled governing board meeting. The juvenile judges shall perform their duties on the board in their official capacity.
(2) The governing board shall appoint and fix the compensation of the director of the facility and program and other professional, technical, and clerical employees who are necessary to properly maintain and operate the facility and program. The director, under the supervision of the executive board and subject to the Ohio department of youth services grant agreement and administrative rules, shall control, manage, operate, and have general charge of the facility and program, and shall have the custody of its property, files and records.
(3) The governing board shall review and approve policies and procedures to be set forth in a policy and procedure manual for the facility.
(4) The governing board shall review and approve the criteria used to admit youth to the facility.
(5) The governing board shall decide appeals of participating counties as to "refusal to admit" a youth to the facility. Said appeals will be decided by a majority vote of the governing board members at a scheduled meeting.
(6) The governing board shall review and approve the operating budget of the facility, and of any applications to the Ohio department of youth services for funding.
(C) Maintain compliance with requirements of established rules under Chapters 5139-36 of the Administrative Code.
(D) Apply for grant funds and completing a grant application. Applications shall describe:
(1) The standardized screening process to ensure that all eligible youth are considered for admission to the facility, including the notification process between the courts and the facility.
(2) The plan to reduce commitments to the department, including measurable goals and objectives.
(3) The programs, and services and treatment offered by the facility.
(4) The method to be utilized to monitor and evaluate the programs and services available to youth in the facility.
(5) The plan to ensure access to the facility and its services by minority juveniles.
(E) Comply with procedures, time frames and the annual schedule of requirements established by the department.
(F) The CCF administrator may request and will participate in technical assistance provided by the department for either the facility or governing board. The CCF administrator and identified staff member (e.g. program director, trainer) are required to attend scheduled meetings or trainings conducted by the department.
(G) Comply with monitoring and inspections conducted by the department to include:
(1) The CCF administrator shall prepare for the annual on-site inspection visit in accordance with the bureau's guideline and instruction.
(2) Upon arrival of the bureau's field representative, the administrator shall make him/ herself, and key facility staff, available in the event the inspection team has questions or needs additional information.
(3) A waiver for non-applicability of a standard shall be requested prior to the annual on-site scheduled visit. This request will be reviewed by the bureau chief of community facilities. The decision by the chief is final and may not be appealed.
(4) The bureau shall require the facility to create a corrective action plan addressing all deficiencies within thirty days from receipt of the inspection report.
(5) The department may withhold funding for failure to comply with such notices, at the end of this thirty day period.
(H) Establish a review process to evaluate the effectiveness of the facility in meeting its goals and objectives.
(1) This shall be done in conjunction with the department.
(2) The facility shall use independent assessments and reports provided by the department to facilitate this process.
(3) The facility will submit an annual report by August thirty-first of each year that describes the progress made toward achieving the goals and objectives as described in the application, program overview and statistical data programs, outcomes and youth demographic information.
Replaces: 5139-36-03, 5139-61-04, 5139-61-07, 5139-61-09
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/06/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5139.04
Rule Amplifies: 5139.23, 2151.151, 5139.36, 5139.33
Prior Effective Dates: 3/30/1992 (Emer.), 6/25/1992, 10/25/2002, 2/3/2004, 10/20/2007, 12/30/2012, 2/7/2014