(A) A CCF shall have a written policy, procedure, and practice concerning visits and communications between a juvenile and family and friends, which is reviewed annually and updated as needed. The procedures which are provided to parent(s) and juvenile shall include, but not be limited to the following:
(1) Designated visiting area
(2) Designated visiting hours to include weekends and evening hours
(3) Provisions for special visits (e.g., attorney, clergy, persons who have traveled long distances)
(B) A CCF shall ensure that arrangements for visitation between the juvenile and family or friends are not in conflict with the individual case plan. Visits shall be supervised in accordance with the case plan.
(C) A CCF shall, in accordance with the individual case plan, allow a juvenile access to a telephone which will permit the juvenile to make and receive telephone calls.
(D) A CCF shall, in accordance with the individual case plan, provide reasonable conditions of privacy for visits and telephone contacts.
(E) A CCF shall, have a written policy, procedure, and practice governing juvenile correspondence that is made available to staff and juveniles which includes:
(1) No limitation shall be placed on the amount of incoming or outgoing first-class correspondence to juveniles.
(2) Incoming correspondence from the courts, an attorney of record, or a public official may be opened and inspected for contraband in the presence of the juvenile.
(3) Each CCF shall provide to all juveniles the necessary writing materials, envelopes and at least two first-class stamps per week.
(F) The CCF shall have a written policy, procedure, and practice which provides that juvenile mail, both incoming and outgoing, may be opened and inspected for contraband.
(1) Mail may be read or rejected when based on legitimate CCF interests of order and security.
(2) The juvenile is notified when incoming mail is returned or outgoing mail is with held.
(G) All incoming and outgoing mail is forwarded within twenty-four hours, excluding weekends and holidays.
(H) The CCF shall have a written policy, procedure, and practice providing for the forwarding of first-class letters and packages after transfer or release of juveniles.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/14/2013 and 11/14/2018
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5139.04
Rule Amplifies: 5139.23 , 5139.33 , 5139.36
Prior Effective Dates: 2/3/2004