(A) The following standards are mandatory:
(1) The detention center and its programs are managed by a single administrative officer to whom all employees or units of management are responsible. The dention center is managed by a court of jurisdiction or board of trustees.
(2) There is a policy manual that delineates written policy and procedure for operating and maintaining the detention center. The manual is explained and made accessible to all employees. There is an organizational chart for the detention center staff that accurately reflects the structure of authority, responsibility and accountability within the detention center.
(3) The detention center meets all applicable licensing requirements of the jurisdiction in which it is located.
(4) A child alleged to be or adjudicated a neglected, abused, or dependent child may not be held in an adult facility, a secured correctional facility, or a detention facility (section 2151.312 of the Revised Code).
(B) The following standards are recommended:
(1) There exists a written statement that describes the philosophy, goals or purposes of the detention center, which is reviewed at least annually and updated if necessary. The detention center director formulates and reviews specific facility goals and objectives. Employees should be encouraged to participate in the formulation of facility goals and objectives.
(2) Written policy and procedure provide for a communication system within the detention center that requires, at a minimum, that the detention center director meet at least monthly with supervisors and key staff. In addition, supervisors will meet with staff members.
(3) Written policy, procedure and practice demonstrate that employees participate in the formulation of policies, procedures and programs.