Grant renewal applications are due to the department no later than March first of each year. Each grant submission shall include the overall facility program plan, which includes:
(A) The problem statement.
(B) The mission and goals of the facility.
(C) The diversion plan which describes the plan to reduce commitments to the department. The plan shall include:
(1) The eligibility criteria.
(2) The length of time that youth are expected to remain in the facility.
(3) The number of youth previously committed to the department for each participating county during the previous fiscal year.
(4) The number of youth previously recommitted or revocated from each participating county during the previous fiscal year.
(5) The total number of youth to be served by the facility during the past fiscal year.
(6) The projected number of youth who will be diverted from a commitment to the department by being admitted to the facility during the upcoming fiscal year.
(7) The projected number of youth who will be diverted in lieu of a recommitment or revocation by being admitted to the facility during the upcoming fiscal year.
(D) An overview of the facility to include:
(1) A table of organization.
(2) A list of the governing board members; and the associated sub-committees.
(3) A list of all personnel titles and their job descriptions, and a staffing pattern/schedule for a thirty day period.
(4) All policies and procedures of the facility.
(5) The sanctions to be imposed on youth who violate rules of the facility.
(6) The substance abuse policy for the facility.
(7) The plan to access local aftercare services for youth.
(8) The plan for obtaining and maintaining accreditation from the American correctional association for the facility.
(E) The admission procedure.
(F) A description of programs approved by the department, services and treatment available to youth, which shall include at a minimum:
(1) Independent living programs and basic living skills.
(2) Recreation programs.
(3) Educational services and the entity providing education.
(4) Job training and job readiness programs.
(5) Counseling/treatment services, including specialized services.
(6) Medical services.
(7) Religious services.
(8) Mental health services.
(9) Substance abuse services.
(10) The community resources to be used by the facility.
All subsequent applications shall include paragraphs (B), (C) and (D) of this rule and specify any changes or proposed changes in the other paragraphs since the last application.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/15/2012 and 08/01/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5139.04(D)
Rule Amplifies: 5139.23, 5139.33, 2151.151
Prior Effective Dates: 3/30/92 (Emer.), 6/25/92, 10/20/07