(A) Records retention.
(1) With reasonable advance notice, the department may require the facility to produce records, including any or all documents related to the grant.
(2) The facility must maintain accurate accounting records which indicate all income and expenditures for the grant.
(3) The records must be kept current and legible. The records should be retained for the amount of time deemed appropriate according to the state of Ohio general retention schedules, most recent version.
(4) All income and expenditures must be supported with documentation to provide a clear audit trail for every financial transaction.
(B) Cash balances. Cash balances must be reconciled with the county auditor records monthly.
(1) Proper inventory schedules must be maintained manually for all equipment items purchased with grant funds. Inventories shall be submitted to the department each September with the annual report. Inventories must include the following information for all facility equipment: quantity, description, serial number, identification number, purchase price, date of acquisition, vendor, condition, and location.
(2) After five years of service, equipment can be salvaged in accordance with county-established guidelines for the salvage of unusable, damaged, and/or unrepairable equipment. Documentation must be maintained on the disposition of all equipment removed from the facility. The department shall be provided the opportunity to review all equipment to be salvaged.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/15/2012 and 08/01/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5139.04(D)
Rule Amplifies: 5139.23 , 5139.33 , 2151.151
Prior Effective Dates: 3/30/92 (Emer.), 6/25/92, 10/20/07