All commercial airports shall be certified for commercial operations once every three years by the office of aviation. In order to be certified airports shall meet the following minimum requirements in addition to such other special requirements as the office of aviation may deem necessary in the interest of safety.
(A) General requirements
(1) The entire runway must be maintained for safe operation of aircraft under normal weather conditions.
(2) The landing area must be in such condition that two aircraft at rest on the same runway shall be visible to each other except on airports where traffic control exists and is exercised.
(3) Turf runways shall be marked with runway markers and runway threshold markers visible from one thousand feet above ground level. Hard surface runways shall be marked with runway numbers and runway threshold markings visible from one thousand feet above ground level.
(4) All airports must be equipped with an operating wind indicator.
(5) Airports constructed after January 1, 1998 must meet the requirements set forth in federal aviation regulations (FAR) part 77 and federal aviation administration airport design advisory circular 150/5300-13 (series).
(6) Airports constructed before January 1, 1998 will be certificated in accordance with the standards set forth during original construction. Airports not meeting current commercial operating certificate requirements will receive a conditional commercial operating certificate stipulating areas of non-compliance with current airport standards.
(7) Airports must provide public access to a telephone during normal hours of operation.
(8) The landing area shall not be less than eighteen hundred feet usable length by fifty feet width turf or hard surface.
(B) Aircraft inventory. For the purpose of inventory of aircraft in the state of Ohio, the airport sponsor shall furnish the department of transportation a complete list of all aircraft stored, based, parked, hangared or otherwise located at the airport. The list shall include the make and model of aircraft and the name and address of the owner or owners of such aircraft. Such information shall be furnished via medium deemed acceptable by the department no later than the fifteenth day of January of each year.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 5501:1-1-05