(A) If the director decides to operate, maintain, and/or market the business logo sign program through a program manager, the methodology for selecting the program manager shall be based on criteria established by the director through an open request for proposal process. When issued, the request for proposal will be open for response for thirty days. Any such contract executed shall be for such initial and renewal terms as the director determines appropriate.
(B) The program manager shall function as an independent contractor for the director in implementing the business logo sign program. The program manager shall be responsible for:
(1) Marketing the program to businesses at eligible interchanges,
(3) Collecting all fees associated with the program from participating businesses,
(4) Paying all expenses for the program, and
(5) Contacting utility companies (including the department) for possible conflicts.
(C) The program manager, in conjunction with their marketing process, shall establish an application procedure for interested businesses. Such procedure shall be approved by the director prior to implementation.
(D) The program manager shall enter into advertising agreements with the participating businesses based on fee established by rules adopted through Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(1) The form and content of the advertising agreement shall be approved by the director prior to use.
(2) Any modification to or special clauses in the advertising agreements shall have the prior approval of the director.
(E) The program manager shall have the right to earn a reasonable profit as a result of carrying out the provisions of the business logo sign program.
(F) Any contract entered into between the department and the program manager shall require the program manager to abide by all rules promulgated by the department for the operation of the business logo sign program.
(G) The program manager shall document and maintain records of all businesses who participate in and who are contacted regarding the participation in the program and shall provide copies of all records to the department upon request at no charge.