(A) Pursuant to division (B) of section 4511.103 of the Revised Code, the methodology for selecting the program manager shall be based on criteria established by the director through an open request for proposal process. In awarding the contract, the director shall consider the skill, expertise, prior experience and other qualifications of each applicant.
(B) The program manager shall function as a fully independent contractor for the director in implementing the tourist oriented directional signing program. The program manager shall be responsible for:
(1) Marketing the program to eligible attractions,
(2) Determining the eligibility of each interested tourist oriented activity to participate in the program in accordance with rule 5501:2-8-05 of the Administrative Code,
(3) Collecting all fees associated with the program from the participating eligible attractions,
(4) Paying all expenses for the program,
(5) Contacting the Ohio utilities protection service, all utility companies, and the department for possible conflicts, and
(6) Developing, subject to the approval of the director, all forms, applications, agreements and other documents necessary for carrying out the tourist oriented directional signing program. The right-of-way permit is excluded from this provision as it is an existing document utilized by the department.
(C) The program manager shall execute advertising agreements with participating eligible attractions to establish fees and any other obligations between the parties as deemed appropriate and pursuant to rule 5501:2-8-08 of the Administrative Code.
(1) The form and content of the advertising agreement shall be approved by the director prior to use.
(2) Any modification to or special clauses in the advertising agreement shall have the approval of the director prior to use.
(D) The program manager shall have the right to earn a reasonable profit as a result of carrying out the provisions of the tourist oriented directional signing program.
(E) All actions taken by the program manager are subject to the approval of the director and pursuant to rule 5501:2-8-08 of the Administrative Code.
(F) At three year intervals, the program manager shall verify that each eligible attraction for which tourist oriented directional signs are installed, remains in compliance with all appropriate rules, regulations, agreements, laws, and any other tourist oriented directional sign requirements and shall furnish written certification of this fact to the director.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/13/2017 and 01/29/2023
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4511.103
Rule Amplifies: 4511.102, 4511.107, 4511.106, 4511.105, 4511.104, 4511.103
Prior Effective Dates: 05/29/1995, 11/24/1997