(B) Any person may request the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings for the board of trustees of the state highway patrol retirement system (HPRS) by:
(1) Writing to the following address:
"Highway Patrol Retirement System, Attention: Executive Director, 1900 Polaris Parkway, Suite 201, Columbus, Ohio 43240."
(2) Calling one of the following telephone numbers during HPRS' normal business hours:(614) 431-0781 or (800) 860-2268.
(C) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided. Such notice will only be given, however, to one representative of any particular publication or radio or television station. A request for such notification shall be addressed to HPRS' executive director at the address outlined in paragraph (B) of this rule.
(1) The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, the mailing address and a maximum of two telephone numbers where such representative can be reached. HPRS shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to this rule.
(2) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, HPRS shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(a) Sending written notice, which must be mailed not later than four calendar days prior to the day of the special meeting;
(b) Sending notice by e-mail which must be sent no later than twenty-four hours prior to the time of the meeting;
(c) Notifying such representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting, with proper telephone notice if a message has been left for the representatives at the telephone numbers provided to HPRS from such representative or if, after reasonable effort, HPRS has been unable to provide such telephone notice;
(d) Informing such representatives personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
(3) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, HPRS shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by providing the notice described in paragraph (C)(1)(c) or (C)(1)(d) of this rule, or notifying the clerk of the state house press room. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
(4) In giving the notices required by this rule, HPRS may rely on assistance provided by any member of HPRS and any such notice is given if such notice is given by a member in the manner provided in this rule.
(D) HPRS shall maintain a list of all persons, other than media representatives, who have requested, in writing, notice of all meetings of HPRS.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/08/2020
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5505.04
Rule Amplifies: 5505.04
Prior Effective Dates: 8/1/1994, 11/1/1990, 10/21/2005, 9/28/2010