(A) In awarding grants for purposes of research and development, the governing body of the authority shall give priority to:
(1) Projects that would fulfill a general need in Ohio for research or development concerning "waste water facilities" or "water management facilities" as defined in section 6121.01 of the Revised Code, "solid waste facilities" as defined in section 6123.01 of the Revised Code, or "energy resource development facilities" as defined in section 1551.01 of the Revised Code;
(2) Projects that have statewide environmental, natural resource, or development application;
(3) Applicants who would furnish a portion of the cost of the project either by direct funding or by allocation of staff, equipment, or material resources;
(4) Applicants that are governmental agencies, other than departments, divisions, or other similar units of state government or the federal government.
(5) Institutions of higher learning.
(B) The governing body of the authority shall not approve a research and development grant unless the applicant agrees to submit to the authority and the overseeing state agency a final report describing how the benefits derived from the project fulfill one or more general needs as specified in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/07/2009 and 07/07/2014
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 6121.04, 6121.21, 121.22
Rule Amplifies: 6121.04, 6123.04
Prior Effective Dates: 04/27/00