(A) Cattle or bison imported into Ohio for purposes of this rule must:
(1) Be designated for feeding or grazing; and
(2) Be quarantined to premises of destination until animals move to immediate slaughter unless the cattle or bison comply with paragraph (C) of this rule; and
(3) Be less than twenty months of age (as evidenced by the lack of the first pair of permanent incisor teeth); and
(4) Be not pre parturient or post parturient; and,
(5) Be accompanied by a permit number issued prior to entry or certificate of veterinary inspection issued within thirty days prior to entry forwarded to the state of destination (the identification listed on the certificate may be the number of cattle in the shipment, sex of cattle, the type cattle, and approximate weight); and
(6) Meet the following tuberculosis requirements:
(a) Originate from an accredited free herd; or
(b) Originate from an accredited free state or zone; or
(c) Originate from a modified accredited advanced state or zone and be identified with official individual identification; or
(d) Originate from a modified accredited state or zone, have a negative tuberculosis test within sixty days prior to entry and be identified with official individual identification; or
(e) If originate from an accreditation preparatory or non-accredited state or zone will be prohibited from entering Ohio for feeding or grazing.
(B) Cattle or bison which are designated for feeding and grazing and are not in compliance with paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(6) of this rule must meet the requirements of rule 901:1-17-03 of the Administrative Code(import requirements for breeding cattle).
(C) Cattle or bison imported into Ohio for feeding and grazing may later be utilized for breeding purposes with a permit from the chief, division of animal health which may stipulate test requirements.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/13/2015
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 941.03
Rule Amplifies: 941.10, 941.24, 941.25
Prior Effective Dates: 12-2-72; 2-15-93; 6-15-98; 3-19-99; 8-15-01, 5/19/2011