(A) Fabricated structures shall be designed and maintained to prevent discharge to ground waters or surface waters.
(1) Fabricated structures for liquid manure shall be designed by or under the supervision of a professional engineer or shall be an appropriate design plan.
(2) A fabricated structure shall be designed and constructed to meet the requirements in paragraph (A) of rule 901:10-2-03 and any applicable section of the appendix to this rule.
(3) Storage period. The minimum storage period for a fabricated structure shall be one hundred twenty days, unless otherwise approved by the department. Additional storage may be required by the department in order to ensure protection of groundwater, surface water or the structural integrity of the fabricated structure.
(4) Freeboard. A fabricated structure shall be designed and maintained to have an operating level that does not exceed the level that provides adequate storage to contain a precipitation event plus an additional six inches of freeboard, except for fabricated structures that contain solid manure and are not subject to precipitation or runoff.
(5) Fabricated structures for liquid manure shall have a liquid level board, staff gauge, depth marker, or other appropriate device approved by the director, installed within the interior to monitor manure levels. The approved device shall indicate levels every one foot in vertical elevation and shall indicate levels as described in paragraph (A)(4)(b) of rule 901:10-2-08 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/23/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 903.08 , 903.10
Rule Amplifies: 903.01 , 903.02 , 903.03 , 903.04 , 903.08 , 903.082 , 903.09 , 903.10
Prior Effective Dates: 7/2/2002, 1/23/2009