(A) A manure management plan shall include best management practices to minimize odors. These best management practices shall be identified in the manure management plan and shall be compatible with the overall content of the manure management plan. These best management practices may include the following:
(1) Remove, transfer and land apply manure at optimum temperatures;
(2) Remove, transfer and land apply manure when wind direction is less likely to affect neighboring residences;
(3) Promptly inject or incorporate manure to minimize odors; or
(4) If manure is applied by spray irrigation, use appropriate pressure and nozzles.
(5) Additional controls on odor are included in the appendix to rule 901:10-2-06 of the Administrative Code. The information appended to rule 901:10-2-06 of the Administrative Code includes manure storage or treatment facilities that control and promote additional treatment reduction of odor.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/06/2008 and 01/23/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 903.08, 903.10
Rule Amplifies: 903.01, 903.02, 903.03, 903.04, 903.08, 903.082, 903.09, 903.10
Prior Effective Dates: 7/2/2002