(A) All instant nonfat dry milk offered for sale shall be sampled and tested by the director at least once each month for the purpose of assuring that the product meets the requirements of paragraph (B) of rule 901:11-2-32 of the Administrative Code. In addition the dry milk plant shall have each sublot of approximately four-thousand pounds tested and analyzed prior to being packaged or offered for sale. Product not meeting the requirements of paragraph (B) of rule 901:11-2-32 of the Administrative Code shall not be offered as extra grade.
(B) Requirements for extra grade instant nonfat dry milk:
(1) The flavor and odor shall be sweet, pleasing and desirable but may possess the following flavors to a slight degree: chalky, cooked, feed, flat;
(2) The physical appearance shall possess a uniform white to light cream natural color; shall be reasonably free-flowing, and shall be free from lumps except those that readily break up with very slight pressure;
(3) The standard plate count shall not exceed thirty thousand per gram;
(4) The coliform count shall not exceed ten per gram;
(5) The milkfat shall not exceed 1.25 per cent;
(6) The moisture shall not exceed 4.5 per cent;
(7) Scorched particles shall not exceed fifteen mg.;
(8) The solubility index shall not exceed one mL.;
(9) The titratable acidity shall not exceed 0.15 per cent;
(10) The dispersibility shall not be less than eighty-five per cent by the modified Moats-Dabbah method; and,
(11) The direct microscopic clump count shall not exceed seventy-five million per gram.