(A) Sanitation controls.
Each processor shall have and implement a sanitation standard operating procedure that addresses sanitation conditions and practices before, during, and after processing. The sanitation standard operating procedure shall address:
(1) Safety of the water that comes into contact with food or food contact surfaces or that is used in the manufacture of ice;
(2) Condition and cleanliness of food contact surfaces, including utensils, gloves, and outer garments;
(3) Prevention of cross contamination from insanitary objects to food, food packaging material, and other food contact surfaces, including utensils, gloves, and outer garments, and from raw product to processed product;
(4) Maintenance of hand washing, hand sanitizing, and toilet facilities;
(5) Protection of food, food packaging material, and food contact surfaces from adulteration with lubricants, fuel, pesticides, cleaning compounds, sanitizing agents, condensate, and other chemical, physical, and biological contaminants;
(6) Proper labeling, storage, and use of toxic compounds;
(7) Control of employee health conditions that could result in the microbiological contamination of food, food packaging materials, and food contact surfaces; and
(8) Exclusion of pests from the food plant.
The processor shall monitor the conditions and practices during processing with sufficient frequency to ensure, at a minimum, conformance with those conditions and practices specified Chapter 901:3-1 of the Administrative Code that are appropriate both to the plant and to the food being processed. Each processor shall correct, in a timely manner, those conditions and practices that are not met.
Each processor shall maintain sanitation standard operating procedure records that, at a minimum, document the monitoring and corrections prescribed by paragraph (B) of this rule. These records are subject to the recordkeeping requirements of rule 901:3-23-07 of the Administrative Code.
Prior History: (Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3715.02, 3715.021
Rule Amplifies: 3715.27
Prior Effective Dates: 12/23/1966; 04/28/2003)