(A) General requirements.
All records required by this chapter shall include:
(1) The name and location of the processor or importer;
(2) The date and time of the activity that the record reflects;
(3) The signature or initials of the person performing the operation; and
(4) When applicable, the identity of the product and the production code. Processing and other information shall be entered on records at the time that it is observed.
(B) Record retention.
(1) All records required by this chapter shall be retained at the processing facility for at least one year after the date they were prepared in the case of refrigerated products and for at least two years after the date they were prepared in the case of frozen, preserved, or shelf-stable products.
(2) Records that relate to the general adequacy of equipment or processes being used by a processor, including the results of scientific studies and evaluations, shall be retained at the processing facility for at least two years after their applicability to the product being produced at the facility.
(3) If the processing facility is closed for a prolonged period between seasonal packs, or if record storage capacity is limited on a processing vessel or at a remote processing site, the records may be transferred to some other reasonably accessible location at the end of the seasonal pack but shall be immediately returned for official review upon demand.
(C) Official review.
All records required by this part and all plans and procedures required by this part shall be available for official review and copying at reasonable times.
Tags as defined in paragraph (B)(20) of rule 901:3-7-01 of the Administrative Code are not subject to the requirements of this rule unless they are used to fulfill the requirements in paragraph (C) of rule 901:3-7-09 of the Administrative Code.
(E) Records maintained on computers.
The maintenance of records on computers is acceptable, provided that appropriate controls are implemented to ensure the integrity of the electronic data and signatures.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 01/05/2016 and 03/21/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3715.02 ; 3715.021
Rule Amplifies: 913.41
Prior Effective Dates: 8/10/1951, 4/28/2003