(A) Each pesticide distributed for use or sale in this state shall be registered with the director of agriculture, including those pesticides which are exempted from EPA registration under section 25(b) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act, 7 U.S.C. 136 - 136y (2012).
(B) The registration period for pesticides shall commence on the first day of July of each year and expire on the last day of June of the following year. Registration fees are non-refundable.
(C) An applicant shall be issued a pesticide registration if the applicant has satisfied the registration requirements set out in Chapter 921. of the Revised Code and the rules adopted thereunder, and the following have been received by the director:
(1) A completed formal application;
(2) A complete copy of the labeling accompanying the pesticide and a statement of all claims to be made for it, including the directions for use and the use classification as provided for in the federal act; and
(D) A pesticide registration shall be suspended or revoked, or shall not be issued when the director finds that:
(1) Its composition is such that it does not warrant the proposed claims for it;
(2) Its labeling, or any other material required to be submitted with its label, does not comply with the requirements of FIFRA and of Chapter 921. of the Revised Code and the rules promulgated thereunder; or
(3) It will not perform its intended function without unreasonable adverse effects on the environment.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 07/29/2015 and 10/15/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 921.16
Rule Amplifies: 921.02, 921.16
Prior Effective Dates: 1-13-72, 1-1-77, 10-29-98, 4-30-02; 7-1-04, 08/05/2010