(A) Each pesticide distributed for use or sale in this state shall be registered with the director of agriculture, including those pesticides which are exempted from EPA registration under section 25(b) of FIFRA.
(B)The registration period for pesticides shall commence on the first day of July of each year and expire on the last day of June of the following year. Registration fees are non-refundable.
(C) An applicant shall be issued a pesticide registration if the applicant has satisfied the registration requirements set out in Chapter 921. of the Revised Code and the rules adopted thereunder, and the following have been received by the director:
(1) A completed formal application;
(2) A complete copy of the labeling accompanying the pesticide and a statement of all claims to be made for it, including the directions for use and the use classification as provided for in the federal act; and
(3) The fee as set forth in section 921.02(F) of the Revised Code
(D) A pesticide registration shall be suspended or revoked, or shall not be issued when the director finds that:
(1) Its composition is such that it does not warrant the proposed claims for it;
(2) Its labeling, or any other material required to be submitted with its label, does not comply with the requirements of FIFRA and of Chapter 921of the Revised Code and the rules promulgated thereunder;
(3) It will not perform its intended function without unreasonable adverse effects on the environment.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/19/2010 and 07/26/2015
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 921.16
Rule Amplifies: 921.02, 921.16
Prior Effective Dates: 1-13-72, 1-1-77, 10-29-98, 4-30-02; Replaces former 905:5-11-18 and part of 901:5-11-08, eff 7-1-04