(A) Public notice shall be given by the department of agriculture pursuant to Ohio revised code 119.03(A) which states: "reasonable public notice shall be given in the register of Ohio at least thirty days prior to the date set for a hearing, in the form the agency determines. The agency shall file copies of the public notice under division (B) of this section (the agency gives public notice in the register of Ohio when the public notice is published in the register under that division)".
(B) Besides a statement of the department's intention to consider adopting, amending, or rescinding a rule, the public notice shall include either a synopsis of the proposed rule, amendment, or rescission; or, a general statement of the subject matter to which the proposed rule, amendment or rescission relates. The notice shall also contain the date, time and place of the hearing.
(C) Notice of all rules which are being adopted, amended or rescinded and the hearing date of the filed rule is available for review with the joint committee on agency rule review website: www.jcarr.state.oh.us and at the register of Ohio's website: www.registerofohio.state.oh.us. The department may give additional notice of such public hearings as it deems necessary; however, the giving of such additional notice shall not be manditory, and failure to give additional notice shall not in any way invalidate any such hearing or any action which may be taken by the department.
(D) The department has a narrative a guide to its rule-making process to assist members of the public who participate, or who may wish to participate in the agency's rule-making. The department's guide, "The Rule Making Process" may be downloaded from the register of Ohio's website: www.registerofohio.state.oh.us. and is also available to any person upon request for the per copy cost of producing the guide and the actual cost of delivering it to the person. The department's guide includes:
(1) A statement of the agency's regulatory mission;
(2) A description of how the agency is organized to achieve its regulatory mission;
(3) An explanation of rule-making the agency is authorized or required to engage in to achieve its regulatory mission;
(4) An explanation of the agency's rule-making process;
(5) An indication of the points in the agency's rule-making process at which members of the public can participate; and,
(6) An explanation of how members of the public can participate in the agency's rule-making process at each indicated point of participation.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 901.03
Rule Amplifies: 901.03, 119.03
Prior Effective Dates: 12-13-71; 12-13-82; 5-11-01; Replaces: 901-3-01, eff. 7-19-04