(A) Each society shall:
(1) Have at their annual fair, and at any other livestock exhibition which is sponsored by or is under the control of the society, an official veterinarian who has been approved by the director of agriculture for such service;
(2) Submit to the director of agriculture for his consideration, the name and address of the veterinarian whom the society proposes to appoint, not less than twenty days before the opening of the fair;
(3) Certify the appointment of an approved veterinarian to the director of agriculture not less than ten days before the opening day of the fair; and
(4) Through the official veterinarian enforce the laws of Ohio and the regulations of the department of agriculture which pertain to livestock exhibited at county and independent fairs.
(B) Each official veterinarian shall:
(1) Enforce the laws of Ohio and the regulations of the department according to the recommendations of the division of animal health of the department;
(2) Inspect the livestock, and any required health certificates for evidence of any contagious or infectious disease;
(3) Carry out any recommendation of the division of animal health to protect the health of the livestock exhibited at the fair;
(4) Report to the division of animal health any refusal or failure on the part of any exhibitor or of the society to observe or comply with any law or regulation governing the movement or exhibition of livestock;
(5) At the close of the fair, make any official report required by the department.