(A) Each equine animal which is imported into Ohio except animal(s) to be slaughtered within seventy-two hours :
(1) Shall be accompanied by a certificate of veterinary inspection issued at the point of origin immediately prior to entering Ohio, certifying that they have been given a careful, clinical inspection and been found to be free of symptoms of any dangerously infectious or contagious or communicable disease or known exposure thereto. Rectal temperature at the time of examination must be recorded on the certificate of veterinary inspection and;
(2) If twelve months of age or more, shall be accompanied by evidence that the identified animal was negative to an official test for the disease equine infectious anemia conducted at a laboratory approved by the United States department of agriculture, animal plant health inspection service, veterinary services. This test must have been conducted within the twelve-month period preceding the date of importation.
(3) Equine consigned to a livestock market licensed under Chapter 943. of the Revised Code with an Ohio department of agriculture approved veterinary inspector present will be exempt from paragraphs (A)(1) and (A)(2) of this rule; and,
(B) Upon request by an authorized representative of the Ohio department of agriculture, the person responsible for each equine animal must make available a chronological list of dates, of places and events this animal has attended within the thirty days prior to entry.
(C) All horses, mules, asses, and ponies imported into Ohio from a state where the existence of the disease, venezuelan [sic] equine encephalomyelitis "VEE", has been confirmed within the preceding twelve months prior to the date of importation:
(1) Shall have been vaccinated against the disease (VEE) by a licensed and accredited veterinarian not less than fourteen days and no more than twelve months preceding the date of importation, and;
(2) Shall be subject to inspection and quarantine upon arrival at destination.
(D) Under certain conditions, permits may be granted as provided in paragraph (P) of rule 901:1-17-01 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/13/2015
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 941.03
Rule Amplifies: 941.10
Prior Effective Dates: 3/24/74, 1/21/78, 6/15/98, 3/19/99, 4/11/2005