(A) Poultry and hatching eggs imported into Ohio shall meet one of the following movement requirements:
(1) Be accompanied by a certificate of veterinary inspection;
(2) Move from a national poultry improvement plan flock with a USDA national poultry improvement plan, VS 9-3 form; or
(3) Move directly to slaughter.
(B) Poultry imported into Ohio must meet one of the following testing requirements:
(1) Originate directly from a flock or hatchery which is a participant in the national poultry improvement plan for the eradication of disease and be accompanied by documentary evidence that show they meet the requirement of this paragraph;
(2) Originate directly from a flock which has had a negative test for pullorum-fowl typhoid disease within twelve months prior to entry and be accompanied by flock test record that show they meet the requirements of this paragraph;
(3) Have a negative test for pullorum-fowl typhoid disease, within thirty days prior to entry and be accompanied by flock test records that show they meet the requirements of this paragraph; or
(4) Be tested and found negative for pullorum/fowl typhoid disease upon arrival at the Ohio destination for sale, swap, or show.
(C) The rapid whole blood test shall not be used to test turkeys for compliance with the requirements of paragraphs (B)(2) and (B)(3) of this rule.
(D) Waterfowl, doves, and pigeons are exempt from the requirements of paragraph (B) of this rule.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/28/2017 and 02/12/2023
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 941.10
Rule Amplifies: 941.02, 941.041, 941.07, 941.09
Prior Effective Dates: 12/28/1976, 2/26/1996, 3/19/1999