(A) Each frozen dessert manufacturer shall have and implement a written sanitation standard operating procedure (SSOP) that is specific to each location where frozen desserts are processed. The processor shall correct in a timely manner, those conditions and practices that are not met. The SSOP shall detail the practices and procedures implemented to ensure sanitary conditions and practices are maintained in each of the following areas:
(1) Safety of the water that comes into contact with food or food contact surfaces, or is used in the manufacture of ice;
(2) Condition and cleanliness of food contact surfaces, including utensils, gloves, and outer garments;
(3) Prevention of cross-contamination from unsanitary objects to food, food packaging material, and other food contact surfaces, including utensils, gloves, and outer garments, and from raw product to pasteurized product;
(4) Maintenance of hand washing, hand sanitizing, and toilet facilities;
(5) Protection of food, food packaging material, and food contact surfaces from adulteration with lubricants, fuel, pesticides, cleaning compounds, sanitizing agents, condensate, and other chemical, physical, and biological contaminants;
(6) Proper labeling, storage, and use of toxic compounds;
(7) Control of employee health conditions that could result in the microbiological contamination of food, food packaging materials, and food contact surfaces; and
(8) Exclusion of pests from the milk processing facility.
(B) The SSOP shall be implemented at the same time as the HACCP plan.